Friday, June 15, 2012

Why I Write, Part x+88: I'm Behind


If you looked at the body of writing I've done
I'm sure you'd find very little in common.
I started in maritime and historical fiction,
With song lyrics on the side in addition.
When none of those things were able to fly,
I stuck them on a saucer and went all sci-fi.
and once, to impress a girl I was after,
A courtroom-romance mystery (or at least three chapters).
Those had no potential I could see,
So I went down the line to fantasy.
When I stalled in that genre, to feed my addiction
I turned to the pulp genre of football sports fiction.
Lately it's poetry that moves me ahead,
and I'm still in sports fiction, but baseball instead.
While others are perfecting theirs, I'm reinventing mine.
I write hard to catch up. I'm two decades behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment