Friday, June 8, 2012

My Whole Childhood

My whole childhood was built on white lies.
They didn't seems so harmless when I realized –
That “any time I would hunger and thirst
I could be filled, I just had to ask first,
That Santa Claus was real, just a wish away,
and if I wanted something, I just had to say,”
Is not how the world or the girls there would play,
That “people are kind, want to help, tell the truth”
Can't be assumed without absolute proof,
That “it doesn't matter how comely or homely you look,
Because everything you need to get ahead is in books,”
and just being pretty won't get you off the hook”
Won't fly in the real world. I sadly mistook
“There is somebody out there who's just right for me,”
For something other than romantic fantasy.
The foundation optimists gave me couldn't help but crumble.
What was left was just tripping-height, and I stumbled.
I had a chance to build a new world, without all the lies.
I just had to listen, to be stung one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment