Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Your Porcelain Figure

Her porcelain figure's not statuesque; it's more like bathroom sink –
Devoid of an aesthetic, never noticed, indistinct,
and that's if “porcelain” is only a nicer way to write of “pale and sickly.”
I strongly suspect that vampires tan (and also live) more quickly.
I suppose it would be piling on to note that porcelain's also smooth,
But having seen her unpainted face, that's not, in her case, true.
The color of her hair and eyes is uninspired, middling.
The mass of her young but sagging breasts is small, or even piddling.
I'm sure she's heard this said before, by two herds and a passel
Of short-sighted and self-assured, unthinking, honest assholes,

But when I look at her, I see what's behind.
Who cares how it's wrapped, when the gift is her mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment