Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Value

Is this moment different?  Have I changed?  All I know
Is that real life is not the last three minutes of a show.
I cannot simply repair, replace or exorcise
The things I've done, the fool I've been, for pairs of blue eyes.

Though it's new that I should notice what's not sky's or ocean's blue,
You have windows to earth's beauty, and that's not all there is to you.
I delight in your kindness, your resilient smile, your brains.
They cleanse my palate of others as the street's cleaned by rain.

I have, in short, every selfish reason I could have to pursue.
Can you find some selfish reason in your heart to want me, too?
Are you a welcome wind, here to scatter the leaves of my fall?
If that's my expectation, then I haven't changed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment