Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thought-Habits

Your ideas, thought-habits, are born before you can remember.
You never form them knowing what you're doing,
Even if your favorite thing to do is nothing
(and sneaking books to read, and talking to yourself, too,
Because that's what grounded people do).
I persist, still resist the idea of women's rule
Because I hated my first five and a half years of school,
and all of my teachers were...well, you can guess who.
And I'm still climbing up out of my old prejudices.

One hand in front of the other.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be, shall we say, less than shocked if some of the feminists in the English department, and all the rest of them, don't read this. But if some of them do read this, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide they don't like me.

    I say the first step is to admit you have a problem. I think that puts me ahead of at least half the population.

    ReplyDelete