Monday, September 10, 2012

Honeybanthropy

I'm taking the badger's Intro to Indifference.
If I make it to midterms, I could go the distance.
For innocent crushes too fired or heavy,
She leaves for four days and I hate her already.
From distaste to ignoring spans only one step,
and at least in that unit, that's all I've got left,
Unlike my twenty-seven-summer reading list
On my old, foul delusion that strangers exist,
Which I completed, close-reading, much to my glee
(Which is proof I'm long from indifference to me).
To paraphrase wildly: to thine own self spare thought,
For thoughts grow to concern whether sunny or not.
From the whole culture, too, I'm seeking divorce.
The misanthropist doesn't care unless forced.
At the end, there's no test, just cold wisdom you gain
After long, care-worn miles grind grooves in your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment