Sunday, September 30, 2012

One More Time

The world might place the gamut of mountains next to me,
and once I have admired them, people ask if I can see
A way up, to stop a train, or to start the next big thing.
I'm in a spot, looking for point B, trying to fly with broken wings,
But I stop or I start.  I land or make that climb,
Though I'm not sure if asked again that I could do it one more time.

I've planned; I've paced; I've practiced, sweating sanity and pain.
I'm positive I want this new echelon of summit gained.
and all that stands in front of me is one more uncrossed line.
I've split my share of ceilings, and I'll do it one more time.

I've ducked death-driven destruction and I've beaten back bedlam.
Life's reserving me new challenges.  They're bigger than I am.
My fatigue proves my endurance.  Wracking pain proves I am strong.
I could quit while I'm ahead, and stay behind as you go on,
But for the glory, for the stories, or for my friends behind,
I'll face forests, depths and dragons, for death or vict'ry, one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment