Thursday, April 12, 2012

Why I Write, Part x+51: My Personal World, Pt. 2 (or The Muse Breathes)

The Muse breathes on my neck and awakes the travel bug
Who burrows there, so I pack, prepare to lug
My baggage and my heart, weighed down with pride, remorse,
An unenlightened worldview, and by a girl (of course).
Sometimes, infatuation-fattened, I leave to loose my belt,
But today I enter my personal world just to go somewhere else.
Am I sliding through life with a soul that lacks traction?
Is my love life like a slider with good sinking action?
Maybe it is.  All of those metaphors are true for a fraction
Of times, but usually I just crave a distraction,
A place where references are like meat: tough or juicy;
Like pants, they fall down if they fit too loosely;
Like equations, they get smaller (that is, reduced; that is, reductive)
Even the distractions here are productive.
Not just absence makes grass greener; the rainclouds do the same.
Singing, kissing, and humor: the dance of tongues has many names.
Inspiration casts light upon a forest of things, in the colors of fall;
Washes difficult problems clean, like water; penetrates all
Of use, and pulls us up, for it's the Holy Spirit.
It's strong, electric; you feel different when you're near it.
Excuse my digression.  This place is chock-full of tangents.
I said what I wanted, and not what I meant,
But I still came here and did what I came here to do:
Re-start my process, and show it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment