Thursday, April 26, 2012

Of Angels and Aliens

Colliding, entangled, by circumstance hurled
Together, the two of us seem not of this world.
You're not one to suspect, and I haven't confessed,
But I was first drawn to the hole in your chest,
So full of kindness it burst open wide,
So the world sees your golden soul beating inside.
The mortals you meet always cruelly suspect
Your motives. All those skepics project
Their own bitter spirits' regrets onto you.
What I mean is that someone who knows what to do
With the a world full of mortals who misunderstand
Is exactly the someone I need in my life,
For I, too, face these simpletons, taste similar strife.
My thoughts aren't of this culture, as aren't my beliefs.
Their strangeness, my loneliness both cause me grief.
But the question of motives confound me and you:
Mortals misunderstand, but I misread you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment