Monday, April 30, 2012

The Safety Guy

I came in lukewarm, in second. I'm “the safety guy” to you.
I'm alright. Planning and ranking is what people do.
For my part, I think you're the best I met last year, by a mile.
I call 'em like I see them, and I was looking for a while.
We got on well enough, at least for you, if not for me,
But I'm the old fool poet. I just couldn't let it be.
I talk and say too much. I'm sure some of it was wrong.
By the fact that we don't talk, I know the safety thing is gone.
I could say more than I did, tell you what knowing you uncovered –
That you aren't who you seem – you praise one thing, reward another.
I could claim temporary strain due to personal frustrations,
Physical discomfort, dissolute procrastination,
But why not recall the two fun things we managed to do
and fossilize the moment I was first impressed by you?

No comments:

Post a Comment