Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Teacher

You happened to teach me that two of the ways
I look at the women who color my days:
Admiration of their earthly landscape and high weather
Are two great flavors and go great together.

Since I'm no saint, I was surprised
How much you had to teach of lies,
And, through your lying, teach of truth:
How much it's worth, the need for proof.
Deception's storms, in love's spring late
Can turn charm to a source of hate.

A new start, back to school,
Called for a new girl to teach me new rules.
You taught me that higher yearning
Can lead to lower burning.
There's a lesson in that somewhere,
and I'm all about the learning.
You could direct.  I played my part
'til we raised arguing to art.

Thanks to you, I know to learn and to teach
Are the greatest height that partners can reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment