Friday, April 19, 2013

Toasted the Poet, Trying to Enjoy His Impending Graduation

My return to Academia
Had an inauspicious start
When I met with two advisers
Who forgot to bring their hearts,
But the start did not foreshadow
How what followed it would go.
For the first time since the third grade,
I brought home a 4.0.
I got on with my professors.
I got on with my new life.
I even got it on sometimes
When I left school at night.
For the first time after high school,
I felt I was at home.
It was better than the year before
I mostly spent alone.
I then enjoyed three more short years
Of almost just the same.
I was fertile. I was watered.
I did all I could to stay.

In the midst of all that learning,
I sort of learned to teach.
Now my last days as a student
Are quick sliding out of reach.

Now I'll follow my trade's winds
Wherever they blow.
Cruzado for President!
Go Cats Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment