Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sonnot x+8: Of Lakes and Libraries, Wings and Words

Your words fairly flutter, so friendly and light.
Without any effort, they seem to take flight.
Wings might be sufficient to buoy my day,
But without weight beneath them, they just float away.

As a muse, you know words must betray the heart's sin.
My muse, you're a lake, and I wish to dive in.
Such acts, pure and righteous, they cool passion first.
Jumping in with mouth open gives rest to my thirst,

But to drink you unfiltered may then leave me sick.
The honeymoon portion of life is too quick.
The waves of your drama stir me up and down,
and such a poor swimmer, I'm likely to drown.

So instead I'm content to just sit here, read eyes.
I'm loyal, attentive.  I wear friendship's disguise.
Your eyes are whole libraries.  Poems and art
Tell a story where two of us, living, shall part.

No comments:

Post a Comment