Thursday, March 29, 2012

Anachronus

I don't mind a girl who's not built for the long haul.
Just call me Anachronus: not built for any time at all.
Too short and I only think of what we could have missed,
But go too long, I'll reach a point where I regret we ever kissed.
The morning doesn't move me. Fact is, I hardly want to stir,
But I just can't stay up late the way I used to anymore.
My youth was pretty awkward. I was advanced, and kids are cruel,
But I haven't really grown up. I still hate to follow rules.
My poetry's old-fashioned in the sense that it is rhymed,
But, uncomfortable with meter, I'm unsuited for old times.
In ancient times my unhumanism comes in handy,
But my body falls apart like I'm some modern city dandy.
I'm too sinful for the garden and too lazy for the fall,
But I keep my mind so occupied that anytime's a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment