Monday, September 16, 2013

The Most Interesting Wall Clock in the World

Sometime between o'dark thirty and suninmyeyes
I heard a ruckus on my front porch.
I heard something messing with the door.
Two cats were fighting. One of them was losing.
The owner is suing.

Sometime between toohot o'clock and beer thirty
My boss called me to talk about his new hiring policies
Which will mean eighty-hour weeks or no more work,
and I couldn't decide which would be worse.

Sometime between beer o'clock and o'dark thirty
(It was just after salad), my girl told me
That it's over.
She stayed just long enough to eat what she'd ordered
and to box the leftovers
and to walk out on the check,

But when the sun rose that morning,
The reds were as radical, the oranges as orgasmic as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment