Friday, September 27, 2013

Going Home (A Poem-in-Monologue)

“Hey buddy, do they not make gas pedals in Minnesota?
Seriously, you're just extra brake-pedaly, aren't you?
Man, I get enough of that shit in my day,
So just make your right turn, just creeeeeep through the intersection.
There we go. Now we're movin'.
Hell yeah! Turn it up! Sing that song!
And why you gots to be walkin' RIGHT where I'm tryin to drive?
Find the damn sidewalk! Don't make me use my horn on you.
You mess with the Taurus, you get the horn!
You're makin' me miss that light up there!
Ugh! Red light. Come on, green light, green light.
Fuckin' go, fuckin' go, fuckin' go, fuckin' go,
TURNTURNTURNTURNTURN
and he slides in safe at home! Just beats the garage door.
Baby, I'm so glad to see you. I missed you today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment