Thursday, October 11, 2012

Why I Write, Part x+152: I See In

I see in the whole world Los Angeles,
If applied by an airbrush
and not the bristles of the source.
Indeed, the whole world is airbrushed
and underneath are a thousand pus-filled crimes.
Our culture gives us just enough freedom and agency
To slave their whole lives away to feed the economy,

and I am, if anything, worse, but not better.
I am a beastly Alex, ultraviolent, in fetters,
Indulging in the most depraved imagined violations
When I'm not sufficiently stimulated by companions

and so, to always keep a thinking-challenge near
I've made a quest of my whole life, to blast off life's veneers.

And right now, I'm about arm's-length away from life,
Nibbling away with a staple-remover.
I'm writing to step closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment