Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Why They Don't Let Poets Write For The Wall Street Journal

The first and best is beer money,
But needing a place to drink,
Most people come up with rent money.
That's the traditional order, I think.
Either kind could be lottery money
If it's your lucky day,
But if the first kind is charity money,
It leaves some folks enraged.
The term "salary" once meant "salt money."
The Romans invented that word.
I was shocked when I learned "spending money"
Is a noun, and not just a verb.
There's hard money and there's soft money
If you're into politics.
There's dirty money and there's blood money.
Just remember to launder it.
I don't read The Wall Street Journal.
I don't read the Financial Times.
I only read The Economist once,
So I'm always started to find–
The United States is only one country,
But it's clear that they mint all manner of money.
They make money to buy
Anything that you like
As long as it's not time.

No comments:

Post a Comment