Thursday, August 29, 2013

Why I Write, part x+225: To Disappear

I can write anything I want.

I can write anything I want.
Some will praise it, take the excuse
To explain the advanced poetics I employed.
Some will lament it, wax sympathetic as they
Point to distant, biographical pains behind.
Some will point to it as a Freudian excuse
For any rout, reverse, or regret from my past.
Some will point to it and say, “nonsense.”

This will happen any time I write,
No matter what I write.

This will happen every time I write.

This is what happens when anyone writes,
Because everyone who reads is a writer,
and if everyone is a writer,
Then there are no writers at all,
and all we can read is our own minds,
With fair-to-middling comprehension skills,
But hardly a hint of understanding.

I can write anything I want,
Any time I want
To disappear into your mind.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment