Monday, August 19, 2013

That's What She Said

Nice to meet you.
That's really interesting.
Yeah, I guess I could eat.
I look forward to seeing you again.
You really do write a lot, don't you?
Oh, that feels so good. Please don't stop.
It's perfect! I can't believe you actually found it!
He's your best friend. Of course I want to meet him.
You're a better listener than my ex. And other stuff, too.
We don't have to go out every Saturday. I like staying in.
I think we should get a dog. I always wanted to have a dog.
Hawaii? Of course! I'd love to go. I haven't had a vacation in ages.
I'm always talking to my parents about you. They really want to meet you.
You don't have to worry about looking like a nerd. It's interesting, and I love you.
I know he's your best friend, but can't you even go a week without seeing him?
I can't believe I'm dating a man who thinks Picasso is just “okay.”
Why are you always watching those stupid detective shows?
Do you have to spend so much time writing?
How come we don't go out on Saturdays?
Why can't you dress like my ex did?
My friends don't like you.
It's not you, it's me.

(“You can keep the dog.”
That's what she didn't say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment