Thursday, August 15, 2013

Not Even Boyfriend Material

Promising forever, to have and to hold
Always struck me as boring and old.

I promise that I will never say the words
“Don't look up.” I'll stare in another direction
Until you start staring the same way.
I promise you'll ask “what are you staring at?” a lot.

I promise that I will not bring my chainsaw
Inside your house or apartment.

I promise I will never put money first,
Second, or under anybody's mattress.

I promise that I will never read your mail.
Sometimes, I may choose to read mine.

I promise to tell every joke I make
Until I know that you heard it.

I promise to keep my eye on the ball;
I promise to keep my head in the game;
I promise to keep my hands to myself,
At least when I'm playing non-contact sports.

I promise that if you rank a day's two weirdest questions,
That I will have asked both of them.

I promise that I will forget things,
But I'll probably forgot I told you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment