Monday, August 19, 2013

The Storyteller

I am the world's foremost expert on Sherlock Holmes,
As well as half a dozen more obscure and ancient tomes.
I am not a secret agent with a thrilling double life,
But I'm not free to discuss consulting
That I do from time to time.
I write a book a month when I get going.
Thanks to a wonderful invention
Known as Orexin-A, I do not sleep.
Thanks to a wonderful invention
Known as testicles, I do not weep.
My name is not my name.
I am Ezekiel Ali Smith.
My action figure's accessory
Is a past he's trying to get away with.
My name is not my name,
Because I am five different famous authors.
I exist at the pleasure of the Universe,
So it's fortunate, for me,
That the Universe finds me so pleasing.
I am the greatest storyteller of all time,

and you are the audience who kept listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment