Thursday, June 27, 2013

A White Christmas/Unwinter's Day/BZN to FLA

Leaving again like we always do,
Two more airports to drag luggage through.
It might be tiresome, but to stay would be wrong.
It's easier just to go along.

Twelve more hours to go see the sun and my mom.
Almost a year is just over too long,
Though after two weeks, it may feel barely enough.
Still, family's tame-ish–it's the packing that's rough.

It's not that I don't love my grandfolks at all.
I'd just rather see them in summer, is all.
White Christmas wastes the winter when it comes at the beach,
At the price of skin sun-seared and eyeballs sun-bleaced.

I was stoked just for packing. Last night, I didn't sleep.
To my backside with all of the snow and the sleet,
Which, for feasting and family, I know leave behind.
To the whole Christmas Spirit my brother seems blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment