Friday, February 24, 2012

When I First Saw You

Well, I knew when I first saw you that we were not meant to be,
and it didn't take a second look before I let that frustrate me,
and I kinda-sorta figured how the whole thing was to go:
Your potpourri of signals, followed by the answer “no,”
and even though I sort of figured, well I couldn't help but try.
Don't ask me for a reason, 'cause I couldn't tell you why.
So I wrote you down some poems. I hoped that you would see.
I hoped they might be strong enough to make you notice me.
I tried to just be there for you. I know that never works,
I just didn't think you'd really earned your sad parade of jerks,
But I think when I first saw you, I did know how this would end:
With me writing you this poem when you say we can't be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment