Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thinking Things Through

I used to have a conscience
'Til I let her
Get away.
I think it's better
This way.
At least now I hate myself
Less than everyone else.
I've got a lot of nerve
Rounding that curve
When I have more than I deserve.
A lazy old perve
Without goals or ambition,
I'm a kamikaze without a mission,
Beating my brains out
Or into submission.
I go where I shouldn't.
If I should go, then I wouldn't.
I disregard God's and Man's gifts.
No intellectual giant, I'm a midget in lifts.
What I can't make, I steal.
Then I write what I feel.
"I'm a poet," I say, "it's just my deal."
Well get real.
You open up a real can when you break that seal.
It all started when I read this dude,
Wrote to write what's true
Without thinking it through.

I think it works great.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment