Friday, February 24, 2012

A Funny Way of Saying It, or Perspective: A Different Song for the Same Old Breakup

Looking back at the “special someones” I've known,
Some were more special than others.
The first step to being together may be talking,
But two I could talk to like brothers,

and though that's a funny way of saying it, it's true.
Now that I've come to think about it, you
Said and did so many little things to me and for me,
To draw me in, or just because. There's no glory

In those things, I guess, because they're wasted on a fool.
When things end, I'm inclined to play it cool,
To act as though because a moment has an end, it never mattered.
I hope someday that you read this, and you're flattered.

The first step we take in “getting over” seems to be
Looking past the good to find what's wrong,
But sometimes, I think, when things are over, we
Tend to dismiss too fast, or for too long,
What it was that once drew us together.

So what if we didn't stay there forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment