Friday, March 22, 2013

Of the List

I still sigh for girls of the moment and sexy scientists,
But they're just the inhabitants of the top of the list.
My previous poetry iceberg-tipped a situation
In which my whole waking life seems to swim in stimulation.
There are stretch-pantsed nymphets I pass running their miles;
There's a grocery clerk makes me stutter and smile.
I have old facebook friends who sure look like a blast,
and blond, beautiful ghosts of my student teachers past.
On my way to find out which way Windy blows,
I find myself waylayed by a water-buffalo,
and though I find not one thing to recommend her,
I feel a sudden, sunken urge to defend her.

I'd even take my ex back, if she hadn't left yonder.
It's abstinence that makes the heart grow fonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment