Tuesday, July 17, 2012

If I'm Counting


Seven to ten to thirteen, if I'm counting.
I have strange compulsions when tallying things.
Then from seventeen to thirty-six I bound,
So clearly there's no pattern to be found.
Forty-eight, fifty-six, sixty-nine and seventy,
Are where settings between one and a hundred ought to be,
Along with seventy-eight and eighty-six, ninety-one and ninety-eight.
If all those numbers previous are impractical or taken,
I can use the number twenty-two and not be badly shaken,
Though that number isn't mine. It's borrowed from my brother,
and given half a chance to choose, I'd sure prefer the others.

1 comment:

  1. Prompt: "Write a poem about something you've never told anyone before." I've never told anybody about my weird number-related compulsion, although my immediate family may have guessed.

    ReplyDelete