Monday, March 21, 2011

Clean Out Your Ears (A "Poem in Dialog")

"I didn't ask you over to sit on the ground.
Let's turn on the console, kill time, mess around.
And some music!  I like the old stuff the best.
Something classic that passed Chronos' long test."

"Playstation?  That's worse than just lame.
Nobody who's anyone plays video games.
As for music, you should clean out your ears.
That sound has been out for the last fifty years."

"Look, I can turn the music down if you pout,
Or just crank it up 'til you get the hell out.
So what if you think that my hobby's a waste?
It's like your music; in fashion, but a matter of taste."

I don't care a bit if you judge me.
Feel free to criticize the choices I make.
Just pick my real accomplishments,
Or my real, important mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment