Friday, September 22, 2017

Explode Into Space

I push my bike harder to see how far it leans.
I don't know what mortality means.
My survival's the horse on my side of the bet.
On the other, I'll pass before I know regret.
I've embraced that against death, my only power
Is to turn down Caesar's life cycle of cowards.

Don't ask me for wisdom, explaining your dreams.
I don't know what enlightenment means.
I've met nary a detail I couldn't forget.
I'm willing to wager my brains in my bets.
I've had scores of ideas, every single one awful.
I'm always thinking, but I'm never thoughtful.

I exist on a circuit of several extremes.
I don't know what nirvana means.
I take too much in and I push too much out.
I settle for laughs so the world won't hear shouts.
I've always been loudly, excessively me.
I don't have a clue how to shut up and be.

No comments:

Post a Comment