Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Willing/Weak

Did I descend into this dusk, or did it descend into me,
This three-quarter slumber of mindless unproductivity?
Yet my stay under a bushel, my dull, unholy indolence
Can't stop the sun from rising once it's set upon my sins.

In my very fullest flower, under light of brightest Son,
It appears I have achieved; some even praise what I have done.
To me, it's clearly Spirit's capital, on which I've raised no dividends.
And then comes nightfall–sin rings the bell, and study under Spirit ends.

My life's inconsistency just goes to show that nothing's changing.
The Zen Christian lives a life of extremes in moderation,
Where shadows will always hide sin's well-baited snares,
Where the ground will be scorched by my expectation's glare.

No comments:

Post a Comment