Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Excuse

I want to feel the caress of your gaze;
Stay awake for days upon days,
Walking around in a Venusian haze
As I love you to life in so many ways.

Or appraise my life and then risk it all,
To a fiery crash or a lingering fall,
Or even worse, what I fear most of all,
To becoming normal and having a ball.

I want a throwdown, a Homeric fight:
The neanderthal ending to contemptible slights.
Bone lands against bone, then slips off in the night,
Ignoring my lost skin and his plight.

I want to do things that inspire the scribes:
Take on newsworthy struggles or conceal and contrive,
Create beautiful artwork or ignite diatribe,
That sucks people away from forgettable lives.

I could put myself to many a use;
I dare you to give me an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment