Monday, July 26, 2021

Meet the New Habits, Same as the Old Habits

I repeat myself often, but only slant-rhyme.
I don't change, only fade, with the passage of time.
What were once firm positions are now merely leanings.
My playlist is old songs, but heard with new meanings.
I debate the old concepts with new groups of faces.
What I did and I wished for, over time, traded places.
As my years rose in number, I consistently found
Myself living in new places, treading old ground.
Still don't know where I'm going; never learned why I'm here,
But a life unexpected is nothing to fear.

3 comments:

  1. Do you stop writing poet because you have found love or a gf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question!

      The answer is no. I got out of the habit when I had teaching jobs that were very draining for me. I did not have the energy or inspiration to write. Since then, I have not been able to re-establish my writing habit or re-discover my inspiration. I guess the moment has passed.

      Delete
  2. Poetry I meant ��

    ReplyDelete