Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Personal World, Part 22: Baggage/Around the World in 8 Tracks

If I am ever really known, then I am known to travel light.
I lost most of my memories along the road one night.
The bumps were bruising, the memories too heavy for my mind.
I think those twist and turns were also too much for my fright.
I last saw my shame on the way down a pass on I-90.
It couldn't keep up with so many bad decisions at high speed.
I might've left my marbles just east of the Mississippi.
They didn't weigh me down; I just didn't want 'em with me.

I'm not an accountant, but still, I don't fight
The influence of tastes past on my future, my life.
If I did, I'd need insurance no agent provides
For the times high-flying, erratic-steering memory collides
With the steady, ceaseless, high-speed driving of a beat,
From my most recent metal, and back to oldies.
I'm not really known for traveling heavy.
Nevertheless, I carry most of the music with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment