Friday, October 7, 2011

Crying Clown (A "poem-in-dialog")

"How could she do that?  I hate her!  I'll get her!
I'll make her rue the day she left, and then forget her."

"Why don't you write that on a page;
Let fire seal that letter.
If she can't see how bad you're hurt,
Wouldn't that be better?"

"Be half a man and take this lying down?
Be king of wimps, with two horns for a crown?
Be nothing but a tear-stained, crying clown?
Forget all that, I'm taking her ass down."

"What gives, man?  Are you playing?"

"Have you listened to a word I'm saying?

I've tried so hard to tell.
Guess I'll have to yell now!
I'm hunting with my hounds of hell,
Out of patience, out for blood now."

"You can't move forward stuck on her.
You can only lose, then.
Your hounds, the beast called anger,
They stay because you feed them."

No comments:

Post a Comment