Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Misery, Memory, Forgetting

All that time we spent wasted
In your unfinished basement
Just to rip my glass heart
From its delicate casement?

So easily led
By the things that you said.
I'm as dumb as you thought.
I'm better off dead.

Better to slumber than fall for the lies
Of a faithless young liar in a geeky disguise.
How could anyone plan
Such a hateful surprise?

-

I can't forget your name
I can't forget your face.
I can't forget the time we spent,
Lounging at your place.

Even worse than that,
I don't want to forget.
I long for that desire,
But it hasn't hit me yet.

I know I haven't seen you since I don't know when.
The drunker I am, the longer it's been.
But if you tell me the lies you told before,
I'd take you back again.

-

They say that time heals all scars,
But I think it's better by far
To put off forgetting, let time teach lessons, and
Better predict who acquaintances are.

Though unheeding of time, I've begun,
To study the cruelties you so needed done.
Lessons learned, I do not miss you,
But we sure did have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment